A preschool interview consists of two stages:
- Meeting with parents
- Orientation day for the child
Parents come with their child at the appointed time and after a short introduction leave the child in the classroom. Then they meet with the Head of Preschool. This meeting lasts about 30-40 minutes.
The orientation day for the child includes in-class activities, free play time and a meal. Typically, the orientation day is 3 hours long. The school psychologist may visit the class and observe the child as well. Parents pick up their child at the specified time, receive feedback from the teacher, and may ask Head of Preschool additional questions.Enrollment decision-making process:
The final decision on enrollment is made during a meeting between the teacher, school psychologist and the Assistant Principal of Academic Affairs of Primary School after interviews with the child and parents.
Key conditions for enrollment:
- The student demonstrates the ability to adapt to the new educational environment;
- The student understands and can follow simple instructions in English, Kazakh and Russian;
- The school can support the child in his or her learning;
- The school is suitable for the successful development of the student;
- The family shares the values and philosophy of HTA and supports its educational approach.